Tuesday 5 March 2019

KELLYANN’S FABLES: It's A Dog's Life



Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin….


A few weeks ago I bought some new doggy bags for my walks out with my sexy doggy lad. However, they weren’t the usual 100-for-a-£1 nice thick ones I normally get, I was swayed by another box…200-for-a-£1.
“What a bargain!” I thought, “How bad can they be?!”
And this, my friends, is where it all went wrong…
For in life, I am blessed / cursed by a bounteous affliction: I was born in Yorkshire. 

This means we have a natural instinct, nay, inbred desire, to get our money’s worth at all costs. 

It has been said that the notoriously tight Scottish are just Yorkshiremen in training; we just do not like to pay high costs for anything.


In my property career, I have had to learn that this is not always a good thing, and I have come to realise, that you get what you pay for.


I have paid cheap plumbers that have turned out to be poor. 
I have bought cheap paint that on opening has been akin to water. 
And I have hired cheap solicitors that have turned out to be incompetent, and thus ruined and lost me deals.
I don’t do these things anymore. 


I realise that for good quality, you have to pay good prices. 


So why, despite my learnings, did I choose to buy these dreadful, flimsy, see-through, crappy doggy bags? 
Which as it turns out, are not even big enough to accommodate the devastation that occurs when my German Shepherd drops his German bombs...



Lesson learnt.

You do indeed get what you pay for.

Because if you don’t, sometimes, as with these cheap doggy bags, you can indeed quite literally end up in the shit...

Jerry Lee: The German Bomber


Kellyann is a property investor and investment strategist, based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. 


For further details of her work, and how she can help you, please visit:




Have a lovely day!