Thursday 26 October 2023

THE TOP FIVE BOOKS I’VE READ

THE TOP FIVE BOOKS I’VE READ… in the last few years, of a self-development nature, although two of them were audiobooks I listened to but I’m still counting them…

Well, the title pretty much tells you what this blog is about!

I'm so old now, I have to wear my glasses to read...

I’ve always been an avid reader, but I switched from fiction to self-development books when I started my property career.

I meticulously log the titles of all the books I read, but it was only in January 2021 that I started grades for each book, giving each one a mark out of 5.

So this is how I can easily pick out the best I’ve read to share with you. Well, from the ones since I started grading them that is!

So here we go, in no particular order:

1.     Happy Sexy Millionaire by Steven Bartlett

An audiobook, which I listened to the majority of whilst driving to and from Birmingham earlier this year. I like authentic storytelling of genuine hardship childhood stories, mixed with no nonsense fluff, so this was good for me.

Here’s the tinterweb link I used to listen to it for free! 

https://youtu.be/Z2-x2bANIUw

 


2.    The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari – Robin Sharma

I bought this on the recommendation of a lovely lady, and it got one of my (few!) 5-star ratings. Again, an interesting biographical story, about, well again, the clue’s in the title!

 




3.    Atomic Habits – James Clear

Another audiobook I’ve given a 5 to. This was over a year ago, and with memory failure I’m not sure why - that’s the problem with driving and listening, you can’t make notes or plan out things to implement immediately! I do remember thinking at the time though: this is useful to help with my (as yet undiagnosed) ADHD traits - so I will definitely be revisiting this book. And making notes this time!

 


4.    Eat The Frog – Brian Tracy

I go through phases where I’m a terrible procrastinator, so this book definitely helped with my mindset to stop faffing about and gerronwi’it. And I tell you what, Mr Tracy must have had a positive effect on me, because he’s made it into my list twice!

 


5.    No Excuses – Brian Tracy

Doing well for ‘clues in the title’ today, aren’t we?! Anyway, Brian did well again with inspirational mindset work which fired me into action. This was an audiobook too, get yourself a bit of Brian ont speakers!

 

BRUCIE BONUS –

Yes, I know I said Top 5, but this one’s also down in my list graded as a 5, and so I’ll feel bad / unfair / it will upset my Libra sense of righteousness if I miss it out! So, last one:

 


6.    Get Rich, Lucky Bitch – Denise Duffield Thomas

A lady that changed her mindset around money and gives inspirational help and insight into how to do it too! I like Denise, and I follow her on various platforms. She’s no nonsense, casual in her approach, and non-ranty (sorry Mr T. Robbins; I like you, but forced positivity is hard work for us Brits!). Anyway, DDT’s a top lass 😊

 


So there’s my best book recommendations for you, and before you go, here’s why reading self-development books is so beneficial:

You get to learn in a few hours, key skills and knowledge that has taken other people spent decades of experience and research to learn.

How’s that’s for a quick-fix, easy way ‘cheat’ to success?!

And books are mere pounds in cost, compared to hundreds or thousands spent on courses and seminars!

 


It is said that Warren Buffett spends 5-6 hours a day reading, and look where that has got him: one of the five richest people in the world.

So if reading is good enough for Uncle Warren, it’s good enough for me!

 

UNCLE WARREN SAYS:
GET READING, GET CLEVERERER!
(or something like that, probably!

Best wishes, and happy reading (or audiobook listening),

Kellyann